Monday, April 18, 2011

Matinée Monday

Well today is Monday and that can mean only one thing,  IT"S MATINÉE MONDAY!!!!  Matinée Monday is a weekly topic in which I pick a movie that is good but not worth the full ticket price.  Since there is no good movies out this week in theaters, I will pick a movie you can rent or Netflix.  My pick today is one of my favorite movies to watch on a rainy afternoon.  Galaxy Quest (1999) is one of those movies that once you start watching it you can't stop.  It does such a good job spoofing the Star Trek series that you almost think you are watching Star Trek.  If you have not seen it, pick it up. Galaxy Quest is available on  Netflix and at you local rental store.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

First, yes, Galaxy Quest is hilarious as a spoof. Alan Rickman is great as always.

Second, I call bullshit on no good movies out this week in theaters. I've heard good things about Hanna, and there's also Atlas Shrugged, Part 1, which I saw this weekend. Excellent if you're an Ayn Rand reader, and still is even if not. There's also Win Win with Paul Giamatti, who is usually a good enough reason to see a movie, aside from Lady in the Water.

Unknown said...

First, I agree Alan Rickman awesome.

Second, this is Matinée Monday. This is for movies that are NOT worthy of a full price ticket. All three movies you mentioned are worthy of a full price ticket. I want to see them all. I really like Paul Giamatti. Did you see John Adams?