Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I am 42 today!!!!

Ok,  I turn 42 today and in honor is the occasion I am going to recommend a film for everyone to watch.  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005) is a fairly good adaptation of Douglas Adams classic sci-fi novel. It follows the extraordinary adventures of an ordinary man named Arthur Dent.  Those of you who have watched the movie or read the book know why 42 is significant.  For the rest of you,  watch the movie and find out why 42 is so special.  And remember don't go anywhere without your towel.

5 comments:

Gamsci said...

Thanks for all the fish!

I've read the five book trilogy, seen this movie and seen the British TV mini-series, too. Douglas Adams also wrote an old Doctor Who TV adventure, that sadly went unaired but can be found.

Unknown said...

Cool! I did not know wrote any Doctor Who shows. I did not read the books yet. Maybe you can tell me why the pot of pansies was so significant.

Gamsci said...

I didn't remember and had to Google. If its the same thing - poor whale.

My favorite part was in a later book and dealt with the most advance cloaking device ever - The SEP (Somebody Else's Problem).

Gamsci said...

Douglas Adams was script supervisor for a season on Doctor Who, and (I was wrong on this part) wrote three Who adventures all staring Tom Baker (my favorite Doctor).

Unknown said...

SEP LOL!!!!!